Online Anxiety Counseling for Teens in Illinois (13-18 years old)
You’re proud of your teen and the young adult they’re becoming. They seem poised to take on the world and yet, you can see that they’re struggling. They get stressed and anxious easily especially with schoolwork, even when they’re performing well. You wonder if perfectionism and procrastination may be at play.
They struggle to make decisions and then second guess themselves about whether they made the right choice. They may ask for your advice but then lash out in anger if they don’t agree with you.
Your teen has begun avoiding social interactions, fearful that they’re being left out or judged negatively by their peers. They dislike advocating for themselves or having to talk to adults for fear they’ll embarrass themselves.
It’s difficult watching your teen struggle with their confidence and social skills. You feel ill-prepared to walk them through this important yet tough stage of life. You’ve tried your best to calm their fears and insecurities, but instead, you’re met with irritation or anger. Maybe you’ve even begun wondering how your teen is going to fare in college or as an adult in the “real world” when they’re struggling so much with anxiety now?
While there is no such thing as a quick fix for anxiety, seeking online anxiety counseling for teens is a great place to start.
Commons Signs of Anxiety in Teens:
Every teen experiences anxiety differently and yet, there are common symptoms such as:
- Feeling on edge
- Difficulty concentrating
- Unexplained outbursts
- Avoiding social interactions with usual friends
- Avoiding extracurricular activities
- Spending increased time alone
- Frequent headaches
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Excessive fatigue
- Changes in eating habits
- Difficulty falling and staying asleep
- Frequent nightmares
- Significant decrease in grades
- Frequently missed assignments
- Describes feeling overwhelmed by the workload
- Procrastinates on, or has difficulty concentrating on homework assignments more than usual
- Rapid heartbeat or chest pain
- Sweating and trembling
- Difficulty breathing
- Feeling like they’re dying or like they’re “going crazy”
Anxiety Treatment Can Help Your Teen’s Anxiety
The good news is teen anxiety is highly treatable. Whether it’s generalized anxiety, specific phobias such as social anxiety, or panic attacks, I’ve helped many teens feel and function better in their lives as well as improve their peer and family relationships.
The Briefly Counseling Approach for Anxiety, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
With an average of just 6 sessions, I help teens reduce anxiety by building skills and resilience so they can approach life’s challenges with confidence.
I use the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) approach because it’s so effective. Your teen is asked thought-provoking questions that activate their strengths, resources, and resilience.
By having a hopeful conversation, your teen’s vision of what’s possible in their life is expanded.
Zeroing in on your teen’s desired outcome, we work together on what your teen wants to achieve without getting lost in detail, old history, and diagnoses.
I understand that change can happen quickly; and because your teen’s strengths already exist, it often takes less time to put them to use in addressing the problem.
In each therapy session, I help your teen to:
- Develop a better idea of what confidence feels and looks like.
- Create assurance that they’re capable of moving forward.
- Identify evidence of recent successes.
- Recognize the tools and resources needed to succeed.
Begin Online Counseling in Chicago and Illinois Today!
Don’t allow your teen to feel overwhelmed by stress and anxiety one more day. Counseling can help your teen reduce their anxiety as well as rebuild their confidence and coping skills. As an experienced and caring therapist, I love providing online anxiety treatment. To start your teen’s counseling journey, follow these simple steps:
- Complete my Contact form or call me at 224-236-2296 to schedule a 20-minute phone consultation.
- If we agree that I’m the right fit for your child, we’ll select a day and time for the first appointment.
- Learn more about me, your child’s new online therapist
- Watch your child gain confidence and feel better
Other Counseling Services at Briefly Counseling
Online anxiety counseling for teens isn’t the only service I offer in my online Illinois counseling practice. Other mental health services provided by Briefly Counseling include online child therapy and Christian counseling. Whether you’re in Riverside, Chicago, Champaign, Rockford, Peoria, or Quincy, I can help.