Online Anxiety Counseling for Kids and Teens in Illinois (7-18 years old)
You love your child, but lately, you find it harder to reason with them over seemingly minor things. New fears, worries, and insecurities seem to show up overnight.
They struggle to make decisions and then second guess themselves about whether they made the right choice. They may ask for your advice but then lash out in anger if they don’t agree with you.
Other days, your child complains of stomach aches over having to go to school due to academic stress and anxiety. They’re unsure of how to interact socially with peers or teachers and fear feeling embarrassed, judged, or rejected.
It’s difficult watching your child lose their confidence. You’re in unchartered waters and you feel helpless. You’ve tried offering helpful suggestions, but your advice is either ignored or your child is too anxious to follow it.
You may even question your ability as a parent. After all, you don’t remember your childhood being this difficult. The world our kids are navigating today looks so different from even 10 years ago.
Common Signs of Anxiety in Kids and Teens
- Sudden fear
- Trouble sleeping
- School phobia
- Separation anxiety
- Panic attacks
- Headaches or stomach aches
- Anger issues/irritability
- Feelings of sadness and/or hopelessness
- Difficulty concentrating/procrastination
- Significant decrease in grades
- Blaming parents or others
- Changes in social behaviors (not spending time with friends or in activities)
- Changes in appetite
- Thoughts of harming themselves
Online Anxiety Counseling for Kids and Teens Can Help!
The good news is anxiety in kids and teens is highly treatable. Whether it’s generalized anxiety, specific phobias such as social anxiety, or panic attacks, I’ve helped many kids and teens feel and function better in their lives as well as improve their most important relationship – the one with YOU!
The Briefly Counseling Approach to Anxiety Treatment in Illinois for Kids and Teens
With an average of just 6 sessions, I help kids and teens reduce anxiety by building skills and resilience so they can approach life’s challenges with confidence.
I use the Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) approach because it’s so effective. Your child is asked thought-provoking questions that activate their strengths, resources, and resilience.
Zeroing in on your child’s desired outcome, we work together on what your child wants to achieve.
I understand that change can happen quickly; and because your child’s strengths already exist, it often takes less time to put them to use in addressing the problem.
In each session, I help your child to:
- Create a clear idea of what confidence looks and feels like.
- Develop assurance that they can do what’s needed.
- Identify evidence of recent successes.
- Recognize the resources they can draw upon to succeed.
Begin Online Counseling for Child Anxiety in Chicago and Illinois
Don’t allow your child to feel overwhelmed by anxiety or worry one more day. Counseling can help your child reduce their anxiety and rebuild their confidence.
As an experienced and caring therapist, I love providing online anxiety treatment. To start your child’s counseling journey, follow these simple steps:
- Complete my Contact formor call me at 224-236-2296 to schedule a FREE 20-minute phone consultation.
- If we agree that I’m the right fit for your child, we’ll select a day and time for the first appointment.
- Learn more about me, your child’s new online therapist
- Watch your child gain confidence and feel better
Other Counseling Services at Briefly Counseling
Online anxiety counseling for kids and teens isn’t the only service I offer in my Illinois online counseling practice. Other mental health services provided by Briefly Counseling include Christian counseling and the Resilience Reset counseling program. All services are offered via online therapy with a safe and secure platform. Whether you’re in Lake Bluff, Chicago, Champaign, Naperville, Peoria, or Quincy, I can help.